Effective Date: 4/24/2023
- Use of our website or our social media profiles, mobile and online;
- In person events or visits with us;
- Communications with us, including marketing materials;
- Ordering products and/or requesting a free quote;
- Interactions with our live chat;
- Interactions with our advertisements; and
- Third party interactions.
Vertical presently, and in the preceding twelve months, collects the following categories of personal information, when you provide it directly to us or when you access the website. The phrase “personal information” means any information from which you can be identified or are identifiable, either directly or indirectly, such as your name, address, telephone number, device and browsing information, etc. Information we collect (which is described in more details in the chart below) includes both personally identifiable information and information which does not directly identify you:
- Browsing information;
- Commercial information;
- Contact information;
- Financial information; and
- Social media data.
When do we collect personal information? We collect personal information when you take certain actions like interacting with our website, submitting a form to contact us, and becoming one of our vendors or customers. We collect information automatically when you browse our website. Vertical may also collect information offline, when we interact with customers and vendors at events, conferences, or through contests.
How do we collect personal information? We collect personal information from a variety of different sources, including:
- Website visitors. We collect browsing information automatically from those who visit our website. We collect contact information, commercial information, and social media data from those who provide it voluntarily via contact forms, email messages, and social media links.
- Customers, vendors, and service providers. We will collect commercial information, contact information, and financial information when you voluntarily become our customer, vendor, or service provider.
Sensitive Information. Vertical does not collect, use, or process personal information which is classified as sensitive information under certain legislation, such as information about racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data or biometric data.
Where do we store personal information? We maintain information in our offices or on our servers and those of our service providers located in the United States of America and in accordance with the laws of the United States. Your personal information will be subject to the laws of this jurisdiction. Only our employees and those of our service providers who require for the purposes of their duties have access to these files.
Please understand that residual copies of the personal information can be stored in locations or formats that make complete erasure extremely difficult. The best way to ensure you control your information is to give us only the personal information that you are completely comfortable sharing with us.
How do we use the information collected? Vertical uses personal information for a variety of business purposes, as described below. We use the information we obtain about you to:
- Process, validate, and deliver your purchases;
- Provide information about products or services you request;
- Create content most relevant to you;
- Conduct marketing research, such as questionnaires and surveys;
- With your consent to the extent required by law, alert you to special offers, updated information, and other new products or services from Vertical;
- Manage your participation in our events and other promotions, where you have signed up for such events and promotions;
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies, like identifying when emails we have sent to you have been received and read;
- Protect against fraud, unauthorized transactions, and other liabilities;
- Secure our website by identifying potential hackers and unauthorized users;
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, court orders, legal proceedings, document requests, industry standards, and our internal policies; and
- For other purposes with your consent or where permitted by law.
How We Disclose Information to Others
Selling and Sharing. Vertical does not sell your personal information, nor have we done so in the last twelve months. We do share your information with analytics service providers such as Google, and use their products including Google Analytics and Google Fonts. Google may combine your browsing information, including information from your use of our website, to generate interest-based advertisements.
Other disclosures. We may also disclose your personal information in the following ways and circumstances:
- For a merger, acquisition, change in ownership, or reorganization. Personal information we have collected may be disclosed to a third party in the event of a merger, transfer of ownership or assets, bankruptcy, or other corporate reorganization.
- When we are legally permitted or required to do so. Vertical may disclose without your prior consent any information about you or your use of our website, if we believe disclosure is necessary to:
- Protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of Vertical, employees, other users of the website, or the public;
- As required by a legally valid request from a competent governmental authority;
- Respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third parties;
- Law enforcement agencies, if we are required to do so; and
- Satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request.
Your Privacy Rights
Certain state laws grant their residents rights to control their personal information. Consistent with these laws, Vertical gives you options to opt out, access, edit, or remove certain information, as well as choices about how we contact you. Certain rights will only apply to limited individuals or circumstances.
- Right to Deletion or Erasure. You may request that we delete the personal information we have collected about you. Depending on the applicable law, in some cases we are required or permitted to retain your information, even if you validly requested we delete or erase it.
- Right to Correct Information. You may request we correct or rectify inaccurate information we have collected about you.
- Right to Opt-out and Limit Use of Information for Advertising. You may opt-out of our use of your personal information for advertising purposes.
Exercising Your Privacy Rights
To exercise any of your privacy rights, call us at 847-766-6500 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your email address, full name, and your specific information about your request(s) and, if applicable, specifically what information you do not want to receive. If you would like to update or correct your email address, street address or other personal information with us, please include specific details about the information you wish to have updated or corrected.
Vertical’s process to fulfill a privacy rights request:
- We acknowledge your request. Vertical will first send you a message acknowledging receipt of your request.
- We ensure that you are the person making the request. In general, when you make a request Vertical will take steps to verify your identity. Verification steps may include asking you for personal information, such as your name, address, or other information we maintain about you. If we are unable to verify your identity with the degree of certainty required, we will not be able to respond to the request. In that case, we will notify you to explain the basis of the denial.
- Your agent can submit requests for you. You may also designate an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf. If you do so, you will be required to verify your identity by providing us with certain personal information as described above. Additionally, we will also require written proof the agent has permission to act on your behalf. We will deny your request if the agent is unable to submit proof to us that you have authorized them to act on your behalf.
- How long will it take? Vertical will either fulfill or reject your request as soon as we can, generally within 45 days from when we receive your request (or less, if required by law). But we may be allowed to take longer to process your request under certain circumstances. We will let you know if we expect your request will take us longer than normal to fulfill.
Your Privacy Choices
Messaging and newsletter communications: You may control how you receive certain types of communications by unsubscribing within the body of the communication. Note that some messages are required, service-related messages like transaction confirmation messages, legal notices, or updates.
Cookies and web tracking technologies: You may limit the automatic collection of information by Google, including the collection of personal information about your online activities over time and across third-party website or online services, by opting-out of such collection. Download the opt-out browser extension, located here, to opt-out of the automatic collection of browsing and device data.
Option to opt-out of third-party cross-context advertising: Some advertisers may track your activities across the internet, including when you use our website. You can limit the automatic collection of information by any participating third-party advertisers. To submit your request to opt-out of that automatic collection of browsing data, visit the Digital Advertising Alliance page.
Third Party Website
Vertical will take steps to protect your personal information that you transmit to us and to protect such information from loss or misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. However, no internet transmission is ever fully secure, and we cannot guarantee that information transmitted via our website will remain confidential at all times. When we collect information, it is stored in an area to which the general public does not have access. We
maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to ensure that personal information is stored and processed responsibly.
You must be 18 to use our website. Vertical takes children’s privacy seriously. Vertical does not have actual knowledge of any personal information about individuals under the age of 18 whose information has been collected through our website or other channels. If we become aware that a person submitting information to us through any part of our website is a minor, we delete the information as soon as we discover it and do not use it for any purpose nor disclose it to third parties.
Emailing Vertical at: email@example.com
Vertical Headquarters Address:
960 Industrial Dr, Suite 7
Elmhurst, IL 60126
To contact other locations view our Contact page
Please read carefully before using this website.
The information we collect when guests visit the Web Site does not identify individual users, however we do collect the amount of traffic visiting the site, which pages are visited and for how long, where visitors come from, and what ISP they are using. We use the information we collect to improve the quality of our web site, enhance or tailor the information we offer, and make your experience on our site as valuable and efficient as possible.
Some of the ads that you view on web pages specifically target you based on predictions based on your past visits to other websites. This type of targeted advertising is enabled by small text files created by a web server and delivered by a web browser which are then stored on your computer. These small files are commonly called, “cookies”.
Online behavioral advertising helps Vertical Chimney deliver relevant ads based on an individual’s product or service interest based on prior web browsing history. This type of advertising helps to support sites that you visit across the web so that you can enjoy free content from various websites that you frequently visit.
You may choose to restrict or deny the usage of cookies by changing the settings in your web browser. To opt out of or customize advertisements that are displayed based on your browsing history or behavior, please click here.
Contact Vertical Chimney
Vertical Chimney Care
960 Industrial Drive, Suite 7
Elmhurst, IL 60126
Vertical Chimney reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, alter or otherwise update these terms at any time. Such modifications shall be effective immediately upon posting.
*By entering your phone number and clicking the “Schedule An Appointment” button, you are providing express written consent for Vertical Chimney Care and its affiliates, agents, and service providers to contact you at that number or e-mail address regarding products or services, including auto-dialed calls, texts and e-mails. Your consent is not required or a condition of any purchase. You may also reach us at 847-766-6500.
To remove yourself from any mailing lists please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Remove.”